This Workshop and the Guide for Wood Construction Systems is designed to assist practicing structural engineers and architects to confidently develop conceptual structural designs for timberrich buildings and structures.
As many design professionals working on commercial scale structures are typically skilled with concrete and steel structures, the Guide for Wood Construction Systems takes a whole-of-process approach to the selection of timber-rich structural systems.
Experienced design professionals will speak on recent examples of timber building projects in Australia and Europe to illustrate the design, structural performance and cost savings of timber buildings.
This seminar is a must for structural engineers and architects.
Cost: Free for all Engineers and Architects
Date: Thursday 11 October 2018
Venue: Broncos Leagues Club 98 Fulcher Rd, Red Hill
Time: 1.00 pm for 1.30 - 5.00pm
Food: Afternoon tea will be served
CPD: CPD certificates of attendance available for all professions. 3.5 formal CPD points available for architects.
Program: See here
- Prof. Christophe Sigrist (Bern University of Applied Sciences, Architecture, Wood and Civil Engineering)
- Assoc. Prof. Greg Nolan (UTAS, Architecture & Design)
- Dr Juan P. Hidalgo (The University of Queensland, School of Civil Engineering)
- Colin MacKenzie (Timber Queensland)
- Jeff Morrell (National Centre for Timber Durability and Design Life)