Timber continues to be the preeminent material in residential design and construction because it is: natural, sustainable, easily workable, thermally efficient, when specified and finished correctly - durable and long-lasting, and because it is simply inspirationally beautiful! However, appropriate design and specification are critical in delivering
innovative, effective and cost-efficient residential construction solutions. This seminar will focus on the key considerations providing clear and practical illustrations of best practices and processes.
This seminar brings together a selection of leading industry experts in this field to present, discuss and showcase:
- innovative and creative architectural design using sustainable timber products,
- practical and efficient structural detailing and supply,
- designing for fire compliance for external claddings and buildings in bushfire prone areas,
- high performance timber flooring specification, and
- innovative applications of the new engineered wood product - cross laminated timber CLT in residential projects.
An update will also be provided on the WoodSolutions program and the suite of support resources now available to building professionals.
This seminar is a must for all building and design professionals!
Date: Thursday 25th July 2019
Venue: Library at the Dock, Docklands
Time: 12.15 pm registration for 12.30 - 5.00pm
CPD: 4.0 Informal CPD points available for attendance
Cost: FREE for all design and building professionals
RSVP early – limited places Registrations close Friday, 19th July 2019
- Welcome & WoodSolutions Update - Alastair Woodard, WoodSolutions
- Creativity and Innovation in Sustainable Residential Timber Design - Luke Middleton, Director of EME Design
- Efficient & Efficient Residential Structural Timber Design and Supply Specification - Nick Cui, Technical Manager with Pryda
- Firing up the Facts on Residential Buildings - External Timber Claddings and Bushfire Prone Areas - Boris Iskra, National Codes and Standards Manager for FWPA
- High Performance Timber Flooring – Improved Technologies and EPD’s - Daniel Wright, Marketing Manager at Australian Sustainable Hardwoods
- Using Cross Laminated Timber in Residential Construction - Tyson Infanti, XLam