Timber Queensland’s seminar Timber Buildings: Fire | Wind | Sound is an opportunity to hear experts discuss how targeted fire, wind load and sound performance requirements in the BCA for timber buildings are achieved. This half day seminar is a must for all building and design professionals considering a timber building design from mid-rise, to timber framed, and structures with exposed timber elements.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- UNDERSTAND how to avoid water penetration through building facades in high wind.
- HEAR from QBCC regarding fire, wind & sound related non-compliances & defective work.
- DISCOVER key features that should be considered to enable a fire safe design.
- ASSESS the performance of timber-framed trussed roofs in high wind conditions.
- UPDATE your understanding of design requirements for the six Bushfire Attack Levels for building in Bushfire Prone Areas.
- EXAMINE the acoustic performance of cross-laminated timber and timber framed building systems.
For the first time, this seminar will be webcast live for regional members outside of Brisbane. Timber Queensland members and other attendees who reside in Brisbane will be required to attend the event in person. Post event the webcast will be accessible via the Members Resource Centre of Timber Queensland's website. If you register for the webcast you will be sent log-in information prior to the event.
Date: Thursday 28 March 2019
Location: Ballroom, Victoria Park Golf Club, Herston Road, Herston
Time: 1.30 pm – 5.00 pm
Cost: Timber Queensland Member: Free | Non-Member: $50.00
Timber Queensland Member Webcast: Free | Non-Member Webcast $30.00
CPD Points available