Timber remains one of the top choices for flooring and decking. However, choices made at the design and installation stages can impact appearance, durability and maintenance requirements.
This Timber Queensland event is in collaboration with the Australasian Timber Flooring Association (ATFA) is free to all AFTA members.
Timber Floors & Decks: Reducing Risk is an opportunity to hear engineering, technical and legal experts give practical advice for delivering both compliant and attractive flooring and decking outcomes. This half day seminar is a must attend for building and design professionals who want to learn how to maximise both client satisfaction and service life.
- Hear practical considerations for flooing installation
- Discover the latest innovations in timber flooring & decking connectors
- Understand how to identify flooring problems and offer client solutions
- Learn how to design and build attached decking under the new NCC provisions
- Examine the importance of fit for purpose timber product selection
- Know what to do to avoid legal disputes in cases of failure.
Date: Tuesday 17 September 2019
Location: Ballroom, Victoria Park Golf Club, Herston Road, Herston.
Cost: Timber Queensland/AFTA Members - Free | Non-members - $50
|2.15||Registration. Tea & Coffee.|
|2.30||Welcome and Introduction
Mick Stephens, CEO, Timber Queensland
|2.35||Become a Floor Detective: identify problems and offer solutions
David Hayward, Technical Manager, ATFA
|3.05||Preventing Frequently Encountered Deck Issues
Colin MacKenzie, Technical Consultant, Timber Queensland
|3.55||Fixings for Floors & Decks
|4.20||Deck & floor failure: how to avoid legal disputes
Craig Sawford, Special Counsel, Construct Law
|4.45||Decks & floors Q&A Panel Session|
|5.00||Conclusion & Cocktail function|