Timber Framing: Sustainable | Durable | Profitable (QLD)
WhenThursday, June 27, 2019 - 13:30 to 17:30
WhereBallroom, Victoria Park Golf Club. Herston Road, Herston
With plenty of locally produced traditional lightweight timber framing available and new mass timber systems and engineered wood products hitting the market, building with timber has never been faster, easier or more cost effective. Timber Queensland’s seminar Timber Framing: Sustainable | Durable | Profitable is an opportunity to hear experts give practical advice and design considerations for making these products work for you.
This half day seminar is a must attend for developers, building and design professionals who want to hear about modern lightweight and mass timber framing, and gain the latest knowledge regarding timber resistance, environmental considerations and more.
- Hear about the future of housing and what consumers want
- Understand the load and resistance effects of wind, earthquake and gravity
- Learn about fire-rated cladding systems for timber-framed buildings
- Update your knowledge of weatherproofing timber frames for moisture, condensation and flood
- Examine design considerations for both lightweight and mass timber framing
Date: Thursday 27 June 2019
Location: Ballroom, Victoria Park Golf Club. Herston Road, Herston
Time: 1.30 – 5.30pm (Including afternoon tea & cocktail function)
Cost: In person - TQ members & technical subscribers FREE. Non-members $50. | Webcast - (only open to regional/rural/ interstate) attendees TQ members & technical subscribers FREE. Non-members $30