WoodSolutions Seminar: Mass Timber Update Code changes, case studies & new solutions (NSW)
WhenWednesday, April 10, 2019 - 08:30 to 17:00
WhereNSW Teachers Federation Conference Centre, 37 Reservoir St, Surry Hills
AudienceAll building and design professionals including architects, engineers, building designers, certifiers, developers, builders, regulators and educators.
CostFREE for all design and building professionals
The use of Mass Timber for construction is exploding in popularity. With this increase interest comes a variety of new solutions, changes to regulations and providers of services.
This seminar will address the recently published 2019 National Construction Code; Deemed-to-Satisfy changes to fire protected timber, where the range of buildings, up to 25 m in height, now include all buildings types. Provide case studies on current Australian mass timber projects, including;
- Bunjil Place; winner of 2018 Australian Timber Design Awards
- Daramu House; Lendlease’ latest office buildings at Barangaroo
- BVN’s collection of timber projects
Furthermore discussion will be had on the next generation of mass timber building construction methods, such as CLT band beams, where Laminated Veneer Lumber excels and free-form/parametric timber design process and examples. Additionally, the seminar will address how successful fire certification process can be achieved, and the latest and updated cost information on timber buildings.
Also on hand will be providers of products and services to discuss your project.
Cost: Free for all design and building professionals
Date: Wednesday 10th April 2019
Venue: NSW Teachers Federation Conference Centre 37 Reservoir St, Surry Hills
Time: 8.30 to 5.00 pm
CPD: CPD certificates of attendance available for all professions. 6 formal CPD points available for architects.
Register: see here
Program & Speakers
- 9.00 Welcome - WoodSolutions
- 9.05 Daramu House Case Study - Jonathan Evans, Tzannes
- 9.45 Bunjil Place Case Study - Iain Blampied, fjmt and Kevin Berry, TTW
10.30 Morning Tea
- 11.00 BCA 2019 - Changes that affect Timber - Andrew Dunn, WoodSolutions
- 11.30 Timber; how to make the certification process easier - Grant Harrington, PCA Certifiers
- 12.00 Cost Plans Timber Buildings Update - Richard Smith, MBM
- 1.30 Timber Projects by BVN - Ninotschka Titchkosky and Knut Menden, BVN
- 2.15 Free Form/Parametric Timber Design Case Studies - Dayne Davis CLT Solutions Australia
2.45 Afternoon Tea
Innovation in Timber
- 3.15 Tall LVL Buildings - David Bylund, Wesbeam
- 3.45 CLT Band Beam Design - Nick Hewson, XLAM
- 4.15 LVL Large Span cassettes - Craig Kay, Tillings
- 4.45 Wrap-up - WoodSolutions