This is a unique opportunity for an Estimator to work from both the Sydney and the Berry offices and get exposure to a very diverse range of projects a lot of which include prefabrication and modular building methodologies. Reporting to the Berry Director, this role forms an integral part of the residential construction team.
Some main duties will include:
- Reading & interpreting plans
- Attending client briefing sessions
- Maintaining great relationships with sub-contractors to ensure adequate trade coverage
- Measuring & producing accurate bills of quantities
- Work with the bids team to generate accurate and competitive tender documentation
- Assess and re-estimate variations, changes in scope or add ons to live projects
- Pricing up all aspects of a project including value engineering/management and alternative solutions
- Produce cost comparisons and budget forecast for commercial applications
- Running tender kick off meetings and tender hand over to construction delivery teams
- Liaising with our own in-house manufacturing teams when working with modular building and prefabricated items including joinery.
"We do have high expectations, but that's just the way it is, we've never been interested in compromise and that can never change." Jamie Strong (Director)
To be considered you must be willing to split your time evenly between Sydney and Berry OR be happy to be based in Berry if this is your preference.
You ideally have experience with a main contractor who delivers either residential or commercial projects. You will be able to pick up a tender and run with it and investigate all alternatives before submitting the completed tender to the Director for approval. You have a solid technical appreciation from structures right through to finishes and are able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) to a range of stakeholders.
In a lot of the residential projects on the South Coast, the finishes can be exceptionally high end and highly technical so you must be able to produce accurate costings and BOQ's for 'design and construct' homes. You will be relied on to come up with innovative solutions and be able to run a tender process from start to finish.
"We all know that without the right team, the business just won't work so we're totally dedicated to not only finding the right people, but taking care of each individual team member at every level. We want the best, they want the best – that's the agenda." Tim Strong (Director)
Strongbuild is driven by four passionate Directors who are heavily involved in the business at all levels. The company values and culture are of upmost importance to them and 'living the values' and 'walking the talk' are consistent themes throughout the business. Ideal Strongbuild employees are individuals with a focus on personal growth, living the values of the company, working as a team.
"We have a massive team representing the business so it's vitally important we employ people that share our vision and values and love their work as much as we do." Chris Francis (Director)