Your path to further education begins here

Completing the learning resources in any WoodSolutions Campus topic and securing knowledge certificates can provide you with a pathway to further education and VET training.

Pathway to UTAS

If the WoodSolutions Campus has ignited your interest in timber in design and production, the University of Tasmania offers a Master of Professional Engineering (Timber Design) for those wanting to convert their experience into a professional qualification.

You can find out more about the course at the UTAS course page.

If you have any questions, please email the Course Coordinator.

Pathway to VET training

Securing WoodSolutions Campus knowledge certificates can earn you credit for units of competency in VET training.

WoodSolutions is currently negotiating arrangement with Registered Training Organisations to recognise knowledge certificate as completion of agreed components of key units of competency.

This section outlines pathways planned from completion of content in WoodSolution Campus topics into Vocational Education and Training (VET). VET enables students to gain qualifications for all types of employment, and specific skills to help them in the workplace.

WoodSolutions Campus is negotiating arrangements with Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) for them to recognise WoodSolution Campus knowledge certificate as completion of agreed components of key units of competency.

What training may be covered?

Negotiations are currently underway with RTOs in several state about links between knowledge certificates and key units of competency, including:

  • CPCCBC4001A – Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects

  • FPICOR3202B – Conduct quality and product care procedures

  • FPICOT2241 – Apply wood and timber product knowledge

What do I have to do?

Detailed arrangements are still being finalised. However, to claim credit for any unit of competency, you need your WoodSolutions Campus knowledge certificates and then you need to apply for credit to an RTO in your state or region.

When arrangement have been finalised, guides detailing requirements and contacts with participating RTOs will be made available at: