Evolving Sustainable Design
- Advice & consultancy
- Architecture & design
- Interior design
We are a collection of designers and engineers that specialise in creating sustainable buildings.
We achieve this by working collaboratively with our clients to leverage our integrated ecological architectural and engineering expertise. A cornerstone of our business philosophy is continual innovation because we value the achievement of demonstrable sustainability outcomes and take pride in being thought leaders. Our services are based on an end to end project delivery model. This allows our scope of work to be tailored to drive sustainability outcomes across the entire building procurement lifecycle.
In 2012 Urban Digestor provided full architectural design, ESD, electrical & mechanical services for a 2-storey office in Brisbane featuring an exposed LVL timber portal frame structure.
This experience and knowledge has been carried through into two new projects where we are continuing to push the boundaries of timber as a sustainable, aesthetically pleasing and cost effective building approach:
- a 2 storey extension to an existing residential building in Northcote featuring an exposed Glulam timber portal structure
- a proposed tiny house in Menzies Creek, Victoria, featuring an exposed Glulam timber portal structure
Our services include:
- Ecological design & consulting
- Building energy simulation & daylight modelling
- Lifecycle analysis & embodied energy evaluation
- Sustainable materials selection & specification development
- One Planet, Living Building Challenge & Green Star project management
- Regulatory compliance certifications (NatHERS Energy Ratings & BCA Section J Assessments) with Ecological Building Optimization
- Town planning submissions - Sustainability Management Plans including STEPS, STORM, SDS assessments
- Building audits & post-occupancy evaluations
- Building user guides & occupant education
- Passivhaus design, consulting & certification