Timber Solutions V2.2
Timber Solutions is a design software package developed initially to generate tables for AS 1684 Residential Timber-framed Construction Standard. It is now available as a stand-alone package which complements the Standard.
The software package can output generic tables or can be used to provide structural design solutions for individual houses. Outputs include timber sizes, tie-down loads and bracing loads as per AS 1684.
NCC BCA Software Protocol Compliance
The National Construction Code [Building Code of Australia – Volume 1 and 2] requires that structural design software complies with the ABCB Protocol for Structural Software except for “design software for individual frame members such as electronic tables similar to those provided in AS 1684”. Therefore, designs using the “Single detached dwelling/structure” (Class 1 Construction Mode) comply with this requirement.
The “Multi-Residential Timber Framed Construction” Mode can be used by building design professional as a preliminary member sizing software tool with design certification required by a suitably qualified engineer.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions of the Timber Solutions V2.2 software download below.
Forest and Wood Products Australia Ltd (“FWPA Ltd”) of Level 11, 10-16 Queen Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000 will provide access to Timber Solutions V2.2 (the “Software”) subject to acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
The Software you have requested to download is made available to you by FWPA Ltd without any warranties, representations or guarantees of any kind to the fullest extent permitted by law and excluding any warranty which cannot by law be excluded. By using the Software, you accept that FWPA Ltd is not liable to you and cannot be called upon to pay you for anything caused by or resulting from your use of the Software. This exclusion applies no matter what you are claiming for (including loss of profits or business) and however the liability arises or might arise if it were not for the disclaimer contained in this paragraph.
The Software is made available free of charge for use by the individual requesting this download only and may not be copied or otherwise distributed or made available to third parties.
The Software may not be sold or used for any commercial purposes without the specific written permission of the FWPA Ltd.
As with any software package, there is a real risk of data damage or loss if the Software is used improperly and all users are directed to ensure that all other system configurations and data has been successfully backed up before installation or subsequent use of the Software.
By downloading and using the Software you expressly assume all risk of loss associated with any data loss or other damage alleged to have been caused by the Software.
The Software is made available for the specific use of appropriately trained engineers and design professionals to provide indicative values for mechanical and design properties of timber under Australian Standard AS 1684. All values obtained should be independently verified before use within any design application.
The source code and procedures contained within the Software remains the intellectual property of Cade Systems Pty. Ltd. and may not be incorporated either in part or in full, into any other software system, decompiled or reverse engineered in any way.
The materials properties and design equations contained within the Software have been developed for the specific purpose of inclusion into the Software and no liability or warranty is provided for any use or application beyond the Software.
No additional support or documentation is available for the Software beyond the information contained within the Software download package.
To download the software, you must click on Yes to confirm that you agree to the above terms.
Once you have agreed, enter your email address and click on Submit.
The TimberSolutions software package was originally developed and designed to run under Windows XP but has been tested and modified to run under later versions of the Windows Operating System. Getting Started installation procedures for Windows and Mac users are provided below.
Before you install TimberSolutions, please do this step first!!
Save a copy of your “Workfiles” folder to your Desktop. This is found in your “TimberSolutions” folder located on your C:\ drive; it will be found in either your “Program Files” directory or “TimberSolutions” directory depending on how the software was originally installed.
- Uninstall the TimberSolutions software using your operating system’s “Uninstalling programs” functionality – for the Windows operating system refer to the Microsoft website.
- Once the software has been uninstalled, remove the remaining TimberSolutions folder found on C:\ drive. Now follow the relevant instructions below.
Windows 7 & 8 Users
- Double click on the downloaded “Timber Solutions 2.2 Setup” file and follow the installation prompts.
- Save the program into its own directory i.e. NOT under the Windows “Program Files” directory. Make your own TimberSolutions directory, save the software to this directory and run the program from there.
- Ensure that you are running the program as the Administrator: right click on the executable file and click "Run as Administrator” - follow the Windows prompts. You can also right-click on a desktop shortcut icon if you have one, click on “Properties” and then click on “Compatibility” and “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Need to install “Windows” to enable the running of TimberSolutions. Note: There are various options available depending on your level of need for Windows. Search “Run Windows on Mac” on the internet to locate and download a suitable version of Windows.
- Follow “Windows 7 & 8 Users” Steps 1, 2 and 3 above.