Timber construction is experiencing unprecedented change and growth both locally and internationally. New and innovative developments continue to occur in technology, materials, design, prefabrication, supply and construction approaches. This WoodSolutions seminar will focus on some of the latest innovations in Australia and abroad in timber construction.
We are very fortunate to have visiting Australia Professor Christophe Sigrist - one of Europe’s foremost timber engineers. Professor Sigrist, along with four of
Australia’s leading timber experts, will present and discuss:
- the latest innovation and advances in timber design and construction in Europe and illustrate this with a selection of the state-of-the-art projects;
- the new innovative approaches to timber building design, prefabrication and delivery, particularly:
- the critical importance of ‘early contractor involvement (ECI)’,
- effective Building Information Modelling (BIM) techniques, and
- the evolving use of Augmented and Virtual Reality technologies;
- the latest advances in mass timber product construction using CLT, LVL and Glulam products to provide an optimized timber solution;
- the newest WS Technical Design Guide #46 Wood Construction Systems'which will be launched and discussed at the seminar by its author.
The seminar is a must for all building and design professionals including architects, building designers, engineers, builders, developers, educators and students
Date: 23rd October 2018
Venue: Library at the Dock Docklands
Time: 12.15 pm registration for 12.30 - 5.00pm
CPD: 3.0 Informal CPD points available for attendance.
Cost: FREE for all design and building professionals
RSVP: before 19th October
Program & Speakers:
- Innovations and Advances in European Timber Construction - Professor Christophe Sigrist
- Early Contractor Involvement – improving the efficiency of prefabricated project delivery - Rob De Brincat, Manager Innovation Atelier Projects
- Innovation in BIM Technology - Dr Paul Kremer, Senior Manager XLam
- Guide for Wood Construction Systems - Assoc Professor Greg Nolan, School of Architecture and Design UTAS
- Innovation in Mass-timber Products - Dr David Bylund, Team Leader, Wesbeam