The next generation of timber buildings are being made from massive timber. They are mostly built from engineered timber elements that are generally 75 mm or greater in thickness from:
• Cross-laminated timber – CLT
• Glue laminated timber – GLT or Glulam
• Laminated veneer lumber – LVL
• Nail laminated timber – NLT
• Dowel laminated timber – DLT
Massive timber construction - CLT
This guide discusses CLT, one of the frequently used massive timber building systems. The guide’s intention is to introduce CLT, providing general product and performance information, design consideration and building processes. The guide is not a design manual, for more detailed design information refer to producers or suppliers of CLT.